Sunday, July 7, 2013

Natural everyday look

This is the first time I'm doing something like this - a blog tutorial for a natural everyday simple look. It doesn't involve heavy makeup and its especially ideal when you are in a rush yet still wanting to a presentable and refresh look. Follow me through this 5 simple steps.

My tools
Face
- Laneige Water Bank Mineral Skin Mist
- Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream
- Maybelline Pure Pact Mineral Foundation in Creamy Natural Light 5

Eyes
- Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black
- Eyelash Curler
- Daily Cross Lashes E (Bought from Daiso)
- DUO Eyelash Adhesive - Clear White

Lips
- Laneige pure Lipgloss in Snow Crystal




1. To begin, ensure that your face is clean and moisturized using the Laneige mineral skin mist followed by Laneige Gel Cream. Do not underrate the importance of this step.

 
                                                   Please pardon my zombie face :P


2. Apply Maybelline Pure Pact Mineral Foundation. This should be done after using the concealer.
For me, I'm skipping the concealer as I'd consider my skin fairly clear so a basic foundation would do the trick to cover minor impections on my face.
However, if you're using concealer, so common key spots to look out for are like acne scars, hyperpigmentations or pores around your nose area.

 
 
3. Next using the Dolly Wink liquid liner, start drawing from the inner to the outer edges of your upper lashline; and extending the line slightly upwards at the outer corner of the eyes. I usually draw in smaller strokes as it tends to give more control. Keep going back and forth till the desired thickness (refer to the left picture below).
 
 
 

If you do realise, I have monolids, so I actually place great emphasize on the eye area. Notice the difference between my left and right eye with just a simple brush of the liner.


4. Curl the lashes using eyelash curler. and add on the false lashes. Be careful to select the right type of lashes. Some falsies create a more dramatic effect on the eyes that are more suitable for parties or clubbing. In this case, I've picked a cross lashes that  produce a natural look on the eyes.

Before gluing the lashes, make sure to size the lashes. Hold the lashes against your eyes, and trim off the sides to the desired length that matches your eyes. Apply a thin line of glue along rim of the fake lashes, and hold them for around 10 seconds. Position the lashes close to your lashline.















This step is optional***
Apply the mascara to further lengthen or volume up your lashes. Or in cases where you realise that the false lashes don't seems to blend in with your own lashes.
 
5. Lastly, apply the Laneige lip gloss
Using a lipstick/lip gloss with the right color that suits the tone of your skin have the effect of creating a 'glowy' look to your face
*
*
*
*
*
*
THE COMPLETED LOOK FINALLY 

Thank you for following me through, and let me know your comments !

No comments:

Post a Comment